When you are investing so much into your big day when why shy away from asking the photographer few questions to find out how the whole experience will be? Here is a List of Questions List of questions you should ask your Wedding Photographer before hiring. Starters
- Are you available for my Wedding Day? If the answer is “No” then don’t go on asking him any further question.
- How much earlier I need to book you?
- How long have you been into Wedding Photography as a Professional?
- How many weddings have you shot and were there any wedding similar to mine?
- How will you describe your photography style?
- What’s your working style?
- How are you different from other photographers out there?
- Are all of the Image in your portfolio clicked by you?
- What type of equipment you use?
- Can we give you a list of shots we would like to have?
- Can you provide an Instant Slideshow after the ceremony?
- What information do I need to provide you before the wedding?
- Have you worked with any of my Vendors?
- Can I get a Testimonial or List of Reference?
Event / Shoot
- Do you shoot the wedding alone?
- Will you have any assistants during the event? And will they be shooting?
- Do you have backup equipment? What will happen if you are unable to shoot my wedding?
- Do you shoot outside <State their working city>?
- Are you taking up assignments on the same days as on my event dates?
- Is it okay if other people take photos when you are shooting?
- Are you familiar with the Venue? Have you shot their before?
- At what time will you arrive at the site and how long will you shoot?
- If my event goes longer than expected, will you charge anything extra?
Packages and Prints
- What are the packages you offer?
- Can I get a customized package?
- Do you include engagement or such ceremonies in the package?
- Do you provide album? What are the designs you generally offer?
- How many days after the ceremony will I be able to view the proofs?
- Can you give me the RAW/Unedited JPEGs for the whole assignment?
Contract / Payment and Policies
- When will you give me a Written Contract?
- How much of deposit do you require to book you?
- What is your Refund/Cancellation policy?
- Do you have liability insurance?
And lastly, ask yourself some questions!
- Do I feel a connection with this photographer as well as his/her photos?
- Am I comfortable with this person’s work and communication skills?
- Has he listened to and address all of your doubts?